Suffolk Coastal faces a Tory jobs crisis. Since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, hundreds of thousands of people have lost their job and many more are now at risk. The government’s one-size-fits-all approach isn’t targeted at the businesses and the people most in need. The government were too slow into lockdown, too slow on testing, and too slow to protect jobs.
Suffolk Coastal residents cannot afford Boris Johnson to continue making the same mistakes with the economy. Labour is campaigning to:
- Fight for jobs: by reforming the furlough scheme
- Back businesses: by setting up a fightback fund
- Leave no-one behind: supporting the self-employed and helping those left out of existing schemes
- Keep workers safe: by protecting workers’ rights
- Drive job creation: by investing in infrastructure and skills training
Local residents are right to be worried about the Tory jobs crisis. Labour is doing everything it can to save jobs, protect incomes and fight for our high street. The government needs to step in now before it’s too late.
If you are worried about jobs in the community share your thoughts at labour.org.uk/jobssurvey